Thursday, November 17, 2011

That was Then, This is Now

                                

That was then, this is now
We can’t go back in time
You chose the path you
Thought was straight
My love for you was blind
I thought that we were meant
To be. I loved with blinders on
And now you’re back
But this is now,
The love I had is gone.
That was then, this is now
I just don’t feel the same
All the love I had for you,
To you was just a game.
You went your way, and I went mine,
but look where we are now?
Can we start all over again?
I just cannot see how.
The grass was not so green, as
You came to the end of your path
How long did it take for you to
Figure it out? You’re smart, you
Do the math.

That was then, this is now
My blinders are finally gone
And now I see clear as day
So my choice is to just move on!



                                                       ©2011 Rhonda Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment