Tuesday, September 13, 2011

US

Us

I cannot remember me
Without thinking of you
Our history so intertwined
Like roses on a vine
The east end your stomping ground
West Side was mine
But you became my family
The sister I never had
The one I’m still privileged to know
Thru the ups and the downs you were always around
And for that I’m eternally glad
Life’s moments we’ve shared, some laughter some tears
Evenly spread throughout the years but
It’s ok
Cause ‘Back in the Day’
Means so much because You were there
Braiding Hair
Rollerskating in y’all basement on Germain
Were we insane? There were
Poles in the middle of the floor!
Walking to the store five times or more
All on a summer’s day.
Bike riding
Walking downtown
Giggling at everything and nothing
From break dance battles
To baby rattles
Cedarbrook park
Your mother’s fireplace when it got dark
West 4th St
Juny’s White Cloud
We rocked the Bells with LL
Endured all of life’s changes together. I would NEVER
trade it in because You are my
FRIEND
A name so rich in meaning
All thru life’s seasons, no matter the circumstance, time or reason
You will always be my
Friend.

©
2011 Monica Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment