Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On the Brink of Loving HIm

I stay on the brink of loving him
I just don’t understand why.
He throws me away like a piece of trash
He didn’t care if he made me cry.
He made me believe I was special
I thought I had it like that
But he told me nothing but lies
Now I must face the fact.
The fact that he never committed
His feelings were never the same
I was a simple convenience
A part of his ego game.

I stay on the brink of loving him
Memories take me back in time
A place, a song, even a scent
Brings thoughts of him to my mind.
I wish I could hit delete and all
Memories be erased. It would make
Things so much easier, but that’s just
Not the case.

I stay on the brink of loving him
But then reality sets right in. and I
Know that what I thought we had,
We will never have again.


                                                                Poem by Rhonda Lewis
                                                                  Copyright 2011 ©

No comments:

Post a Comment